When it comes to flu season, I’m always looking for ways to boost my families immune system. The easiest way for me, is through our diet.
Preparing healthy meals packed with immune boosting ingredients, is a sure way to fight off viruses we may come into contact with as were out and about.
Sometimes I’ll even challenge myself to see how many super, immune boosting ingredients I can get into one dish.
Today I’m sharing one of my family’s favorites:
Immunity Boost Soup
2 TBL Olive oil
2 cups Shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
2-3 cloves Garlic (diced)
Sweet potatoes (cubed)
2 tsp Fresh Ginger (minced)
1/4 cup Miso paste
1 cup Spinach
1 cup Carrots (chopped)
Greek yogurt (dollop garnish on top)
1 tsp Green onion (garnish on top)
1. Soak mushrooms in 6 cups of water for 30mins to 1hour. Remove mushrooms and place water to the side.
2. Dice mushrooms and place in large pot with olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 mins.
3. Add onion and cook for 2-3 mins.
4. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add water and cover pot. Let simmer for 25-30 mins.
6. Serve with Greek yogurt and green onions as garnish.
-Enjoy and Stay Crunchy-